What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) - Med SurgFull-Time Night ShiftEaston, Maryland
We are looking for Med Surg Registered Nurses to join our extraordinary nursing team at University of Maryland Shore Regional Health.
At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
As a Registered Nurse at UM Shore Regional Health, you ll experience:
- The advantages of working for a Magnet designated Medical Center
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Work Life Balance:You ll accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement and a student loan repayment program*
- Full-time, 36-hours per biweekly pay period
- Night shift: 7p-7a/11p-7a
- Opportunity to work with Medical, Palliative & some Oncology patients
- 50% of patients are medical patients, 25% palliative & 25% oncolology patients
- Excellent team cohesion
- High flexibility with schedule and patients
- Team prides itself on exceptional care
- Career growth potential is expected in the next 3-5 years
- Magnet hospital, located 1+ hours from the ocean
- Systematically and continually collects data regarding the health status of the client. The data is recorded, accessible, and communicated to appropriate members of the Multidisciplinary Healthcare Team utilizing system policies, procedures, and practice guidelines.*
- Coordinates a comprehensive individualized Plan of Care for the client, their significant other, and healthcare provider to obtain expected outcomes.*
- Implements the Plan of Care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and practice guidelines in a safe and appropriate manner.*
- Determines both the clients progress towards the attainment of expected outcomes and the effectiveness of nursing care.*
- Performs charge nurse responsibilities, supervising, nursing, and non-nursing, personnel in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and fundamental skills necessary to organize, prioritize, and deliver age-specific care in a safe and appropriate environment.*
- Demonstrates ability in planning, delegation, and coordination of work group activities essential for the provision of quality nursing care.*
- Ensures accuracy in the medication process, including transport, storage, security, and/or administration of medications to include IV solutions.*
- Establishes short and long range professional goals and implements a plan for achievement of these goals.
- Promotes and participates in activities, which contributes to the successful achievement of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner, demonstrating respect for patients, families/significant others and other health team members.
- Complies with all federal, and State laws, and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information.
- Uses and discloses only that information, which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
* Essential job duties
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, coronary, intensive, maternal, mhb, psychiatric, registered nurse, unit